Friday, July 24, 2009

I just want some shut eye time

Thought I'd might share with everyone that I have a sleep paralysis. Don't worry, it's not a disease or anything, i just have a f---ed up sleeping pattern causing me to go into this 'outer body experience', says Wikipedia. Basically, some function inside your brain is alert but your body is actually asleep, causing you to panic because you think you're awake but your body refuses to move. I'm pretty sure this is common with a lot of people, especially with those that have irregular sleeping schedules eg. myself.

Symptoms:

  • sleeping face up or supine position
  • irregular sleeping schedules, naps, sleeping in, sleep deprivation
  • increased stress
  • sudden change in environment/lifestyle
  • lucid dream that immediately preceds the episode

*That's right, I did post this at 2:17am on a school night. D:

2 comments:

  1. i tick the last symptom >_> it's horrible, and the more you dream, the more tired i get too, cos the brain doesn't get to rest. uber mega gay , last night i dreamt kenny bought lots of gansgter studd earrings. and i approved too. like wthell is that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well you could try doing some excercise, it helps relax you and gives your brain some time off.. i gotta admit excercising even once a or twice a week gives you the BEST SLEEPS EVER

    ReplyDelete