Monday, June 22, 2009

"Emission Impossible"

I was on the bus this afternoon and I couldn't help but wonder who I'd be, if I wasn't me. I know this doesn't make sense, but I think I went into a small trance where I imagined what it'd be like
if I wasn't Asian
if I wasn't short
if I didn't draw
if I had a pointy nose rather than a flat one.
I came to the realization that I was THIS close to not being who I am. It gets kinda gross here, but in the process of how babies are made, it's weird to believe that I could not be existing right now. If things didn't go the way they did, I could be interested in sports; I could actually give a damn about VCE; I could have a higher metabolism; I could have a new face, a new voice, a new everything. Hell I could've been a boy. I'm not sure if this makes me treasure anything more so about myself; I could of had the chance to be the next Einstein if my genes let me, or it could go in the other direction and I could be redneck married to one of my cousins. (ew)


I'm not trying to make a point or anything, it's just weird to think that if I wasn't me, somebody else would be.



2 comments:

  1. LOL hi karen!! :) i am using temporary internet at the moment, until i officially get it back hopefully on friday. Ps, incase you check your blog today, which I think you wouldn't since we have a sac tomorrow and we should both be doing some study..........i decided i don't think i want to watch transformers nemore, unless its too late and u got cheap tickets already dont worry about it, but if u havent yet i'll just go to chaddy with u guys and then go home with tran or something :) ok? ok!

    ReplyDelete